Lower back pain remedies are commonly available now and are known to be effective, however, remedies are too often neglected because people now just allow the pain to be gone without any treatment made.
The importance of remedies are only given notice if the lower back pain is severe already. As such, the article is written for the purpose of sharing knowledge to the readers on the different remedies that they can do by themselves when pain is felt, or proactively seek consultation to a health care provider.
Remember, back pain may be a symptom of an impending disease, so to prevent the worst occurrence, remedies are needed.
Lumbago, back ache or commonly known as lower back pain can either be mild or severe and interpretation of pain is totally different to others and to you.
It is as common as flu, and it can give people so much worries, anxieties and uneasiness in life. Pain may be in acute form as it occurs suddenly and pain can be chronic when it lasts for Kampus Terbaik Di Lampung more than three to four months.
Specifically, lower back pain is common to occur for people engaging in a very tiring work wherein the lower back can be at risk.
Poor posture can also be related to young ones when at work sitting and standing for long hours. Moreover, this is also occurring to older people due to the weakening of the body brought about by aging. For pregnant women, back pain is common to occur as the baby inside the womb can put pressure into the lower back.Therefore, you are called to learn lower back pain remedies that are significant for your health especially on your lower back that pain can happen anytime.
The remedies can be done at home or depending on your health care provider.
Self-Care at Home
- Your hot & cold treatment should be done alternately. The ice pack wrapped in a towel is directly placed into the injured area to numb the pain and reduce swelling.
Right after cold treatment, hot compress may be done through hot bottled water wrapped in a towel. Each compress must be applied for no more than 15 minutes.
- When pain is felt, take some rest; initially stop the exhausting activities you are doing and lie down on your soft thick mattress for no more than 3 days.
Over rest can weaken your back muscles more. When pain is already tolerable, so some light stretching and light activities to keep you somehow active.
- Sleep flat on bed or on side on a thick and soft mattress and place pillows under knees when flat on bed;when on sides, place pillow in between knees.The positions mentioned cam relieve pain in the lower back and can relax back muscles while sleeping.
- Massage the affected area with castor oil which helps in giving good relief from the trouble of lower back.
Simple lower back stretching
ATTENTION: If pain is felt on the process of exercise, STOP.
- Lie on the floor using a mat.
Begin by slowly raising your both legs upward until you get into a comfortable position. Hold breath in a little while and then exhale as you slowly lowering down the legs.
- Begin by lying on your back into the floor and hands away from the body and feet together.
Do some deep breaths and relax and concentrate on your lower back.With your position, begin to turn feet into the right and head to the left. With that turned position, hold for few seconds or as long as you can and take some deep breaths and then get back to the starting position and do it also on the other side.
Professional Health's HELP
- Non-steroid anti-inflammatory over the counter drugs such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen and naproxen can relieve lower back pain and reduce inflammation.
- Anti-pain over the counter drugs can also be taken.
- Your doctor may prescribe muscle relaxants if you have frequent spasms in your lower back.
There are also lower back pain remedies that have been medically proven by the experts.
The following remedies are seen below:
1. Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation or TENS
2. Spinal Manipulation Therapy (SMT)
3. Back Belts or Lumbar Back Support
4. Magnet Therapies
5. Percutaneous Intradiscal Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation (PIRFT)
Simple lower back stretching